Welcome to House of Imp
Welcome to 2020
Fan of House of Imp? Be a supporter. Become a monthly donor on House of Imp.
Business at hand: ?Here’s what’s up at the moment.
Podcasting: We are working on a new Music we Love podcast featuring one of our favourite collaborators from kompoz.com. No, I’m not telling. 😀
Writing: I am currently, alongside writing the second Sundered World novel “Mother of Crow”, revising the first book “A Mother’s Heart” which was edited and published in a rush. It is quite rough to be honest. Whether it is a good idea to work on the two books at the same time is unclear.
Icarus Machine: We are working on the EP “Fragile. Vocals are mostly recorded and we are waiting for some stuff, hesitating on other things, doing all the things. In other words, it’s all a big pile of confusion and scattered workflows- Until it’s not. Wish us luck.
JennyK in real life: Living in a house turned complete mess in preparation for the unavoidable sale come spring/summer. — Let’s just say , shit will happen whether we want it or not and one day I’ll think back on this winter, lie and say, “maybe it wasn’t so bad.” 🙂
House of Imp is the personal website of JennyK – Vocalist, lyricist, and co-producer in the melodic metal band
It is also a
The Now and again Radio Podcast,
The Music we Love Podcast, and a collection of self-published
Let the twitterverse know where you are and what you’re doing. 😀I was here, in the House of Imp, lurking or whatever. You should too!.. Click To Tweet Last updated: January 29, 2020 at 7:28 am
Welcome from jennyK
Icarus Machine 2019 –CoriumAfter two years it is finally finished. Corium is our second album and it is a couple of steps up from our debut album “This Sundered World” (2016). This album returns to the world created in the novel “A Mother’s Heart.” and the theme in this album expands the world and focuses on new characters. The companion novel to Corium – “Mother of Crow” is still being written with no release date in sight.
But Corium is very much ready and you can decide for yourself if it was worth the wait.
Find Corium on Deezer,
and of course on
Read the latest on HOI, Icarus Machine, and JennyK :
- What’s New Monday, Jan 27 @ 8:48 - Latest news, thoughts, and things to come January 27, 2020 We made it to 2020, who would have thunk it. This website is safe for the year thanks to beautiful people who answered my emergency ask for financial help. I'm feeling quite humbled at the moment tbh. Icarus Machine is working on Fragile. i'm writing and revising a couple of novels. Some podcasting is underway too. This very moment, which is the only moment there is, things are not bad at all. May it stay so. Be well always. November 13, 2019 So, I started a fundraiser. My microphone is failing me, so I would love help with a new one. Sounds easy enough. Well, it's not. Psychologically and practically it's tough. I keep thinking it's a stupid thing to do. Why would anyone care. It's the wrong time of year to ask people for money, even if it's a few dollars. I'm not sick or homeless or in need of... anything truly critical for survival. Someone said to me, "It's a shot in the dark." I'm not sure what that actually means. but it doesn't feel like encouragement. Another issue that crops up is that since I do have a microphone, I use it so clearly I have one, my ask seems unnecessary and probably feels like a simple grab for cash. I'm not sure how to think about that. It makes me doubt myself. Grab for cash? Well, no! But I'm sure that depends on who you ask too. First world problem in a nutshell. but then I remember my actual situation and the reason why I started the fundraiser. It's simply because the gear I have is failing and I have problems keeping it running while I… Go to the post.
But if you’re not in the mood for any of that:
Rest your brain with a fantasy text adventure: Play it here:
Or do some reading on the Mother of Crow novel page. You know, the novel I’m writing as I publish it? 😀
Or check out one of my favorite episodes from House of Imp – The nonsense collective podcast, House of Imp 21 – A gentle moment, a Relaxing Imp – Meditation made easy.
A meditation practice with Imp. Yeah, that Imp. Very…err, soothing? 😀
This month on HOI
- Have story, will code – Do I need another obsession? ? Interactive fiction calling – again. The ideas that won’t go away. Wednesday, Jan 29 @ 6:32 - Reading Time: 3 minutes Interactive fiction – Another game? I wonder, as I so often do. : I sometimes get this uncomfortably sharp urge to write another epic Interactive Fiction game.. Several ideas sit and wait just a folder browse away. All I have to do is awaken that obsessive part of me and let it dominate. There’s just …
- Thank you! House of Imp lives another year. Monday, Jan 27 @ 9:44 - Reading Time: 2 minutes Another year for House of Imp – Thanks to you! An emergency ask for help was posted here and anywhere I could think of yesterday, Sunday 26th 2020. And here is what happened. Not only did you help me with the webhosting fee for this year, with your help I could also pay the over …
- Updated! Trying to keep this place alive – Can you help? Do listen, think about it, be well always. Sunday, Jan 26 @ 20:54 - Reading Time: < 1 minute House of Imp House of Imp and JennyK need your help. JennyK here, listen, think about it, and be well. But please do it now, Friday will be too late! Help! (It is safe and secure, accepts paypal and creditcards.) ************ Update As of Jan 26th 2020, 8:50P.M 13 Donors have helped me today. . …
- New album coming – Icarus machine – jennyK – Melodic Metal – Early access to our music on patreon- You! The time to join is now. 🙂 Saturday, Jan 25 @ 17:47 - Reading Time: < 1 minute Icarus machine and Corium – Join us on Patreon So Corium, our second album, has been in the works for two years. It is finally ready. The release date is yet to be determined. Even after the music is done, there are so many things to do. Some of those things do carry a cost. …
- Do blind people have super senses – or just exceptional skills? A point of view! Saturday, Jan 25 @ 17:40 - Reading Time: 5 minutes Do Blind people actually have super senses? A glance at one point of view It is a very common and persistent idea; that blind people have super hearing and other enhanced senses. For example; a blind person will somehow, almost supernaturally, know you were talking about them. A blind person can, with a freaky uncanny …